Despite the bitter cold in New York this past week, I will not be deterred. I am resolved to brave that cold and get out there! It’s time to explore some of the things I love about this city (remind me why I’m still here, wrapped up in ear muffs, gloves, wrap-around scarf, coat and many, many layers!) And no, I will not refer to what kind of undergarment I am wearing (let’s just say, it’s thermal and long).
So here are a few things that could be a lot of fun:
- Enjoying an amazing cup of hot chocolate at Serendipity 3.
- Window shopping on Fifth Avenue (Food for the eyes!)
- Ice skating in Central Park (and trying not to fall on my backside).
- Enjoying an amazing dinner at Tao with good friends (yummy for the tummy, but not so good for the scale).
- Enjoying a scrumptious cocktail at Bryant Park Grill (martini, anyone?)
- Dancing at the Standard Hotel’s rooftop bar (they have a hot tub right by the dance floor that’s open all year round for those brave enough to dive right in!)
- Signing up for a wine tasting class at the Brooklyn Winery (that’s a class I know I can definitely get an A+)
- Touring the collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the butterfly collection at the American Museum of Natural History (who knows, if I stay after hours, the collections might just come to life).
- Catching a Broadway Show (I hear Kinky Boots calling!)
Oh, who am I kidding. It’s too cold to venture out. I’ll just stay home and curl up with a good book 🙂