I can’t believe it’s been over a year since I’ve posted on this blog. It doesn’t seem possible. I’ve been away for 365 days, 8,765 hours, 525,600 minutes and 31,536,000 seconds. (Oh great. Now I can’t get that song from the musical Rent out of my head). Needless to say, that’s a lot of time. So, I’ve thought long and hard about what I can say regarding my very long absence. Where have I been? What have I been up to? And, to make things interesting I thought it would be fun to come up with a “Top Ten” list of reasons why I’ve been missing in action. So here goes:
Top Ten Reasons why Erin was MIA
10. She was crowned Miss America and was under contract to go on a year-long worldwide tour.
9. She went through the stones in Scotland and has been shacked up with a red-headed 18th century Scotsman.
8. She took a wrong turn while driving home when her GPS malfunctioned and somehow wound up on an episode of Naked and Afraid.
7. She’s been hanging out with her BFF, Kim Kardashian, in Los Angeles.
6. She won the Mega Millions and bought herself a castle in Tuscany.
5. She joined Soul Cycling and actually cycled herself to death.
4. She thought it would be fun if people started asking the question: Where in the World is Erin Brady?
3. She’s gone into the Witness Protection Program, has assumed a new identity and now goes by the name of Eunice Poppers.
2. She’s been trapped in a Red Room with Mr. Grey and lost the keys to the handcuffs.
1. She has a new job as a Ben and Jerry’s ice cream taster and moved to a remote part of Vermont.
Of course, none of the above are true (as much as I wish #9 was…sigh) and I’m obviously not that Erin Brady (aka Miss America) even though it would be amazing to look like that in a bikini. Sadly, the truth is much more boring than any of the items on my list. The truth is I’ve been writing and writing and then, writing some more. And, in between, I’ve been taking much needed time off to spend with family and friends.
It’s true what they say about time flying when you’re having fun because I really have been enjoying my life while creating new characters who find themselves in crazy predicaments along the way. And now I’m happy to report that I’m back and better than ever! With that said, I’m announcing the release of my newest book, The Dog Walker. I have to tell you I’ve had so much fun writing the storyline to this novel along with my friend and co-author Gina McBride. The idea came to us while we were on a writing retreat in New York City with another author, Sarah Price. Many of the scenes in the book are based on events that happened that very weekend. Events so hysterical and outlandish, we decided to put the words to paper and share the craziness of those two days with others. And so, after a year of writing (and daydreaming of #9 on my list), I’m thrilled to report that The Dog Walker is set to release on February 6th. I hope you feel compelled to check it out because if there’s one thing I can promise, it’s that it will make you laugh out loud. And can’t we all use a little laughter in our lives? If the past year’s sabbatical has taught me anything, it’s that we all do!